Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

#56

Cleaning up, fuel system, audio, radio for a few hours.

Today was my last day at work on loan to another organization. I spent a few hours after work on the glasair. I had time during the day to discuss the last fuel vent work with an expert or two. I was concerned that the vents exiting the fuselage in a location where, if an engine fire occured, the vents would try to ignite. The vents are very sturdy and unless they had fuel dribbling out of them, no fire could start. they're also far enough away from the exhaust to be safe. I'm no longer worried about this issue.

Regarding the radio, I tested the antenna's for resistance. Maybe not a problem but trying to solve the "COM Failure" message I've been dealing with on the radio. I've tried a few thing without success so far. Next may try to pull the radio and the wire set in back, and connect separately. I also unplugged the intercom but still the same message. I discussed with Andrey and Terry but no luck so far.

I found some music on my phone and realized I had a chord to plug to the music jack, so got my headsets out and tested. Tears for Fears - Laid So Low was the first to play on the glasair. It sounded good for a radio check. This is the first time I listened through my headsets. I tested both headset systems, both mic's, intercom; it all worked very good!

Fuel System: connected a drain to the header tank via hose to outside of plane and valve (which is temporary for first fuel test coming soon). Tightened all vent tubes and soon will tighten everything, mark and protect. Added a cover to my large instrument panel penetration so nothing can rub now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.