Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Post 24 - A Turning Point

Ok, I'm at my next turning point on the glasair project. The current hangar I'm in is just too busy with income projects. We've been getting along great, but the income jobs are important to the owner so I have to find a new place to build and finish (divide and conquer). Next, I will either:1. move to my house shop, 2. move to another hangar at Arlington, or 3. Find a place at Paine Field. I need a new plan to finish the plane. I won't be able to put the wings on at my house, but its alot closer than Arlington. I need a place at Paine Field soon, than I can put the wings on when ready
 (aw below=after wing)

I could use good idea's but my home is likely where to move for a short while.

This shows about 36 hrs of time of things to do after the wing, 171 hours total, very roughly:

Project time when info
cowling1 4
sand the old air  vent and finish/paint
cowling2 6
airscoop finish
cowling3 4
index pins
cowling4 4
headlight fixture
cowling5 4
camera
electrical1 3
wing lights to wing bus
electrical2 4
servo wing to bus
electrical3 2
headlight
electrical4 3
camera
electrical5 5 aw all to panel
electrical6 5
other - all connectors, other dynon
timing 2
electric mag
cable 3
radio, elt & trx to antenna
fuel sys 15 aw firewall aft, all lines, tests
air 5
pitot & static
tunnels 2
2 (light wires, servo, air.. ) & (antennas)
trim  4 aw trim set up
dorsalfin 4
finish sanding
paint1 11
fuselage
paint2 3
wing spots
paint3 3
interior - navy blue
paint4 1
engine touch up
leather 11
interior
brake fluid 1

pedal stops 3
build fiberglass
pitch servo 2
limiter & check clevis for clearance
baffling 4
finish
electric system 4
review and mark
panel 3
labels
placards 2
panel, px, experimntl….
cabin 4
feet box (2 under heels & 2 side panels)
stick 3
handle, ptt & covers
level & tow in 4 aw
seat 3
underbuild, padding, seat belts & closure
prop 3
install
spinner 5
cut & install
flaps 11
sand, instl, trim inbd
door latch 3
& canopy instl
calibrate 5 aw Dynon system
fuse/wing fairing 3 aw after flaps
transponder

 certify

 DAR walk
grnd test




everything
flt test


wheel fairings

                             aw=after wing










No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.