Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

Log Post #80

Another extraordinary day with the Glasair. I had been sick with a little stomach flew and found out that my planned DAR was leaving town for 3 months so he couldn't inspect my plane per part 21 for my airworthiness certificate, but that's only the bad news and not much of it. I have to say, its been a pleasure staying in touch with designated airworthiness representative (DAR) Charlie Cotton over the last year +. I will have to find a new DAR.

On the good side, it was 50+°F outside today. Good day to have the hangar doors open, working. Tightened fuel lines for final time at main tank, cut seat pan so I can get the seat pan in while the back rest bulkhead is in place. Cleaned, cleaned cleaned. Set alarms, indexed, and calibrated the Dynon D180 flight deck mostly using the original Stoddard Hamilton prototype operations manual. Seat belt fit check again after small modifications in seat pan.

Once this was all complete, put a gallon of fuel in the header tank, gallon in the main tank and taxied to the Regal pumps for 7 gallons in the main tank. On the way over, a small discussion with paine ground to test the radio's in low traffic. They could hear me very well. Taxied more on way back. Picked up Steve and we taxied across the airport to the compass rose, to calibrate the analog compass and the D180 flight deck. All went very cool, very good.

Things to check after this adventure:
1. Plane seems to like starting off header tank or more than a gallon in the main tank....have to test main tank at low level more.
2. Make some headset holders....I have a place now.
3. interior lighting not great.....will work on this.
4. lighted switches don't always work....add to electrical working page.
5. door lock ergonomics....will modify locks later and grease the sliders.
6. interior fitting cover missing....will look outside hangar tomorrow.
7. Check pitch on D180...it may have reset will not level to waterline 100.

Another good day. I will prepare for my electrical cert set for February 5th. The list of things to do is getting smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.