Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Log 86

I was a little pre-mature regarding the airworthiness inspection on my last post. My plane should be twice as safe as others. Saying that, I mean the DAR, Matt who was supposed to finish my paperwork after congratulating me on his airworthiness inspection backed out. Almost 3 weeks later, while waiting for the paperwork, he informed me,

"I am sorry but I am not going to be able to support certification of your aircraft.  I have no openings in my schedule for the foreseeable future and I am turning away requests for assistance."

This isn't just a shock to me but to the FAA and other's who've built aircraft. It has nothing to do with the current economic sequestration as he is an independent. There are only about 4 qualified DAR's in the state and I've found the third now, than may work with me. We've discussed it and I look forward to another DAR inspection.



center console to seats5
attach, cut, finish fasten.
intercom sticker1
complete
aileron interference4
rh all clear, also rigged down to match flaps.
fuel line 1
fires sleeve pump to firewall, safety wire ends
trim autopilot bolts3
rod end bolts reversed for more clearance
passenger shoulder strap1
bolt longer
Rudder Pedals4
cross brackets more spacer, rh pilot.
furthest aft bulkhead5
reverse 10 bolts, backplate and torque seal
rudder fasteners1
5 places add tinnerman washers
heaterhose by muffler1
rub cowl, cut muffler, silicone, support added.
elevator1
tighten cap bolt & torque seal
seatpan &seat belts ready3
mod pans, mod belts.
spinner3
remove & relieve, silicone, check, cover on front plate
alternator1
re-safety wire
power (battery) cables1
seperated & secured more
oil cooler flange2
cut to clear and silicone
oil fill tube1
re-safety wire
torque seal1
cooler, everywhere if missing, mech fuel pump…
throttle body2
star washers - throttle/mixture
mech fuel pump
 drain extended
engine mount
separate zipties
baffling2
secure, add more, silicone
electronic ignition1
star washers 2 mag hole
ground wire to fuel flow
landing gear
add two nuts for wheelpants
throttle body
check for gasket to engine….good.
manifold line
safety wire
camera
new camera front.
baffling1
RTV and remove duct tape
intercom2
No Power - light is off. Bench tested, jumper complete for flight test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.