Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Log 94 - The pilot, the plane and the testing

The pilot - I've logged a few hours in the plane now. Again, 4/23 was my first flight, 4/24 second. On 4/25, Dan Thomas invited me for a flight in his RV6. I was working on some Cessna maintenance but quick change of plans to go with him. Dan let me take the controls and shot a few landings at Arlington. I was sloppy but he had some pointers and I got used to the plane. 4/26, Friday, I flew my Cessna 150 to Monroe Fairgrounds after work to see my daughter getting ready for a horse show. After coming home, I had an evening flight, Flight #3 in the glasair. A few cooling and fuel issues to work out, but all was good and perfect take off and landing. I took off from 34 right and landed 34 left before Alpha 7. It was very comforting landing in no wind also. I've also applied for the airman's certificate.

The plane - Sunday, I've got some new louvers from Van's Aircraft. I started cutting my lower cowling and will do a few other modifications to help with cooling and will study the fuel system more for some calibrations of total fuel, both tanks, flow, and fuel pressure.

The testing - I've fallen behind on formal test plan, but will have it set soon. During flight, I've been testing everything I can from all lights, to radio checks with tower, fuel switching, boost pump, maneuvers... Will be testing more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.