Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Log 112 - Sequim (Olympic Air Affair) and The Hood River Air Museum

A quick note of a few flights.
2013aug31,
A few of us, Bill Jensen and Chris Brown met at Sequim, W28 for the Olympic air Affair. You can read more here .There was food, music, balloon rides, parachuting and some cool wingwalking. As you can see in the photo, the Stinson wingwalker plane was a little nose heavy but the were great to watch! You can find the wingwalkers or even try it here.
From there, I didn't plan to be gone long but headed west toward the coast. I ended up at Ocean Shores, circumnavigating the Olympic mountains. From Ocean Shores, it's was 41 minutes back to Paine Field, home for the day.

2013sept6th after work,
Bill Jensen said he was heading out with Supercub Dan from Arlington to the Oregon border for the WAAM museum fly-in. I happen to have my sleeping bag with me and the weather was just breaking so I headed to the hangar. They were ahead of me checking weather but I caught up to them before entering southern WA. We were on the radio together even about 50 miles apart. We past a few other planes on there way (photo). Heading west down the Columbia Gorge (photo) was very nice and a tailwind. Flying into the Hood River Airport (photo) was also very beautiful.

 We landed around 7pm, parked, set up tents and ate at the spegetti feed. A very nice evening with many pilots, bonfire and even guys working to complete a historic plane by 6 pm the next day frantically fabricat'n. The next morning, a huge breakfast with bagpipes playing and so many people. Bill and Dan stayed another night. Most of the planes were taildraggers. I had to head back to Paine field for some business so I flew over mt St Helens and only 1.1 hrs to Paine field. After taking care of a few things, I flew to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island and back for the evening. Nice few days of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.