Translate

Monday, June 25, 2012

Log 36

Someone asked, when will I finish?? I'm hoping this summer, but you never know. Maybe even early summer.....depends on focus.
Thanks to hang glider pilots like Bill Jensen, Andrey Gusev, Steve Alford, Len Baron, Paul Dees, a few others, my Boeing friends, my other flying friends, I've been moving along.
Sunday June 24th: 
A few years back, I went to the Reno Air Races with no idea I'd work on a glasair project. Bill Jensen and I went to the glasair booth/Jeff Lavelle's pit location, got a free shirt and Jeff signed it. http://www.glasairaviation.com/inthenews/Glasair%20Sets%20New%20Speed%20Record%20At%20Reno%20Air%20Races1.pdf .Jeff's been up to 362 mph, a speed I'll never go, but he's local at Paine Field. Today, he was passing by and stopped to look. He came in and examined my project and looking at everything, said it looks really good from what he can see. My day was made at that point and it was pretty cool to chat with him.
Rodney Tong and Robert Grigson, RV8 and Long EZ owners came by for an inspection. Robert is an expert with the Dynon D180 system I have. We went over things I need to do for retrieving data and hooking up the autopilot servo's. I'll have to modify some pin configurations on the connectors for the NAV and GPS, and add another connector to the wires for the magnetometer. All parts are ordered...not too expensive.

Andrey and other friends came by to help and have dialog for the electrical system overview and a few connections. We did quite a bit of electrical system testing. We spent time with the strobe system and wiring. I've epoxy'd the light covers on the wingtips, cleaned up yesterdays fiberglass on wingtips and a few other items. Added intercom knobs... I'll be moving the plane better tomorrow for first time loading the hangar with two full airplanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.