Translate

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Log 97 - Flight to Arlington and Another Mod Done

Cinco De Mayo!! I forgot to mention yesterday for many hours, I was making better ramps on upper cowling inlets via shaping foam, cutting, sanding and layers of fiberglass, including another support for the oil access door that was moving during flight. Today, I turned back my propeller again, checked out the mess and it turned out pretty good!I cleaned it up a little, opened the new louvers more that I installed a few days ago and taxied to 34 left at Paine field.

I took off and temps were generally way down. Still a little warm on take off but OK, it was over 70 degrees F outside. I went up to 5,000 ft and said asta la vista to Paine tower, and headed to Arlington. This is the first time leaving Paine field with this live airplane. I was there in about 5 minutes. I landed, hung out with Bill Jensen, Chris, Kye and a few others, then a pattern and another landing on rnwy 29 before circling over head to about 4,000 ft before heading back to Paine field. On landing, 34 left, I had another glasair on my tail and a 737 waiting for me before he took off so the pressure was on. I was going a little fast and bounced a little so, power on, flew a little further down the runway and a good landing there. This was all great! I've very happy and hope the rest of the flight testing goes like this.

Observations:
New seat pad worked great, first time use today. Fixed air vent on pilots side. Fixed fuel flow calibration and will watch for further corrections. Had a fuse pop out for the high pressure boost pump. I checked a few wires and will be monitoring this. Now that I know the inlet ramps work, I will spend some time soon cleaning up that area best as possible for smooth inlet air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.