Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Log 108 - 80+ hrs, Mustang Show, Arlington and other fun

Flight#..heck, I don't know. 80+ hrs in the glasair. Today, I flew to the Props & Ponies show at Skagit Regional Airport.
2013aug17 - My glasair at Mustang show, Skagit Valley
I ran into my Friend Jake Schultz who introduced me to Bill Anders. Bill is an astronaut on Apollo 8. He's famous for his photo taken back at the earth and saying,"We went to the moon, and discovered the earth". He was the pilot on the lunar module and the first manned lunar orbit mission. Jake was helping out with the show. It was also good to run into Bob Summers, old hang glider pilot friend, and see friend, Kevin, Comanche Pilot of Arlington.

I did a fly-by and headed for the hills. Near the Canadian border was the Can-Am hang gliding and paragliding event I was missing near Abbotsford, BC. Launch was cloudy so I flew a few passes by the landing field then headed to Anacortes. They had a little get-together just ending so I headed to Arlington to top off and to visit Bill, Terry, Dan and a few other friends. They were having a potluck so I stayed for a short time to visit than headed home.
2013aug17 - Terry's hangar at Arlington

The glasair is flying great. I adjusted the ailerons and still tweaking to make it fly straight but almost there. A few other issues to work on but all is great with the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.