Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Log 110 Flight with Paul Dees & Visiting Arnold Ebeneter at Harvey Field

Monday, I finally got Paul to come with me for a flight. Paul is a top notch aero guy at Boeing, a good friend and hang glider buddy. Paul and others helped install the glasair wing to fuselage. He got fairly comfortable quickly in the plane. We worked some thermals near Monroe, headed up past Arlington and flew around some hang gliding sites on the way to the north cascades highway, back down to Camino Island, Whidbey Island and back to Paine Field.

Paul Dees as a copilot for the day.
Arnold Ebeneter - Photo taken after one of his record setting flights. Arnold is a mentor and an icon.
Tuesday, I flew into Harvey Field for the first time and got Arnold Ebeneter to sign my log as of May, for my Bi-annual flight review. It counts when you get a taildragger endorsement so he signed. Arnold got a look at my plane and had just a few comments about speed, economy and what to do about some wheel wear. First time into Harvey and everything was great except there was a tractor who stopped to watch me about 50 ft east of the runway working near the south end. Taking off, I almost went off the left of the runway till my nose tilted up, but it was OK. Harvey field has a very skinny runway with hardly any visuals on the left side of the plane but all was good. I have over 80 hours on the glasair and it was a good decision to wait a while for flying into small or tight fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.