Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Log 109 - Flights and Larry Warner

I just posted yesterday but had another little flight today. It was a beautiful day to fly west so I left Paine field heading towards Pt Townsend thinking about Pt Angeles or the pacific coast. On the way out was Diamond Point and wouldn't mind some company so I flew out of the rising air, down to Diamond Point. I've posted in the past that Diamond Point is a beautiful place where my plane was started by Sam. The neighbor, Larry Warner is still and I can say AVID. Larry is pushing along, living in an extremely cool hangar and just back from a walk on the beach with his girlfriend Nancy and their dogs. He was willing to go on a flight with me so, we headed west, staying along the coastline past and around Sequim and almost to Port Angeles. From there, we heading into the hills, up close to the clouds, and pointed back east towards Seattle, then back to Diamond Point.

It was a pleasure to take Larry up and I think it took a while to sing in that he was making another flight of his life. We had a good time and it was nice to see Larry again!
2013aug18 - Another wispy over pt Townsend. Whidbey island in the distance.
2013aug18 - Larry Werner, friend and neighbor of the late Sam Mrackovich. Larry helped Sam with parts of the glasair while Sam was still around.
I did head back to my hangar and started some long awaited maintenance. I changed oil, checked all spark plugs, cleaned the engine area, fixed the headlight, fabbed a new headlight bracket, installed a new forward facing camera and checked most of the bolts around the engine for anything loose. It was in surprisingly good condition and now ready to fly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive idea's and comments, thanks.